DB Schenker has launched Direct Express – Australia – a new weekly scheduled air cargo service from Chicago to Sydney, Australia.
The service offers direct 777-300 freighter service to Sydney, every Monday departing from Chicago.
With a payload over 102 metric tons, the 777-F provides more capacity than any other twin-engine freighter as well as being one of the most energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly aircraft effectively reducing carbon emissions as compared to most other aircraft currently in service.
Additional service features include:
- A 22:45 departure resulting in a late cut-off for shipment drop-offs
- With a 12:05 Wednesday arrival in Sydney, shipments are Customs cleared with same-day connections for next-day delivery to most major markets in Australia
- Cold chain storage operations in both Chicago, IL and Sydney, Australia
- With the ability for block space agreements, shippers can get guaranteed lift during heavy or peak periods of the year
- Shipments remain under DB Schenker’s single-source control
- DB Schenker’s eSchenker web portal offers shippers 100 percent shipment visibility from pickup to delivery
- A wide range of shipping solutions for heavy and outsized products