This weekend leaders in Australia’s and international road transport and logistics industry will meet in Melbourne at the Transport Women Australia’s conference Creating Connections.
Ellen Voie, CEO, President and Founder of Women in Trucking, USA and Meryn Morrison, Chair of Women in Road Transport, New Zealand have arrived in town to attend the conference and network with Australia’s road transport industry.
The program includes speakers from Volvo, VTA, VicRoads, University of Melbourne and SRT Logistics. The conference takes place from Friday 18 May until Sunday 20 May at the Mantra Hotel in Tullamarine.
“Initiatives like the Creating Connections Conference allow transport and logistics professionals in Australia to network with like-minded colleagues and to learn from each other. We are thrilled to be joined by our partners from overseas and look forward to sharing knowledge and experience,” Jacquelene Brotherton, Chair, Transport Women Australia said.
“Many of our problems in this industry are shared. These events provide opportunities to learn about different techniques and approaches. We all want to make it easier for women to come into, and stay in, the road transport industry. In an industry that is largely male-dominated it’s great to hear about new perspectives and to help each other create a better industry for all. That’s a huge part of coming over here – knowing that these issues are shared and that we have a united voice,” Meryn Morrison, Chair of Women in Road Transport, New Zealand said.
“We all have the same challenges to get more women into the industry, so this is a great initative to share best practice and learn together. I started Women in Trucking to figure out how to get more women into the industry and working with Transport Women Australia enables us to share ideas about how to attract and retain women in the industry,” Ellen Voie, President, CEO and Founder, Women in Trucking Association said.
Speakers at the event include:
- National Transport Compliance Manager and Conference MC, Jodie Broadbent
- Transport Women Australia Limited Chair, Jacqueline Brotherton
- Author, Speaker and Global Coach, Nikki Fodgen-Moore
- National Manager Transport (DECA), Simon Macaulay
- NSW Livestock, Bulk and Rural Carriers Association Executive Director, Rebecca Coleman
- Victorian Transport Association CEO, Peter Anderson
- Chair Meryn Morrison
- Australian Worldwide Logistics CEO and Managing Director, Amanda O’Brien
- Victoria University Senior Lecturer – Urban Planning, Dr Iderlina Mateo-Babiano
- Women in Trucking Association founder, Ellen Voie (pictured)
- SRT Logistics HR/Compliance Manager, Jo Tye
- Jim’s Bookkeeping – Point Cook owner, Elena Morandini
- Finance and Economics Consultant, Pauline Taylor
- Special Counsel, Gillian Bristow
- Compliance Operations Manager, Franca Chick
- Stakeholder Relations Manager, John Gilbert
- Volvo Group Australia Vice President – Marketing and Communications, Teresia Fors
- Tasmanian Transport Association Executive Director, Michelle Harwood
- Transport Women Australia Limited Secretary, Coralie Chapman